Fixing printing issues when using Internet Explorer
If you are having issues printing reports directly from Internet Explorer, you may need to install an updated Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Print Control (ActiveX).
The first time you click the print button on the report page, you will be prompted to download the Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Print Control. Internet explorer will display a highlighted message directly below your browser’s toolbar. Follow the prompts to download and install the control.
If you receive an error attempting to download the control, you may have a permissions issue or have an out of date version of the control. In that case you may need assistance from your IT support staff to resolve the problem. You can still print reports by exporting to a PDF file and printing from Acrobat.
Instructions to manually update the printer control
- Open Internet Explorer and select “Tools” then select “Manage Add-ons.”
- Select “Downloaded Controls” from the drop down box. Internet Explorer will display a screen that will allow you to view and manage your Internet Explorer Add-ons.
- Scroll down until you get to “Microsoft Corporation”.
- Scroll down until you find RSClientPrintClass, select it then disable it by selecting the “Disable” button at the bottom right hand side of the page.
- Restart Internet Explorer and try printing a report, the system should prompt you to download a new control, and it should work from there.
- If that does not work, you will need someone from your IT staff to manually unregister and delete the control.