You can find the template and more information on how to use the template HERE!
2. Click the green ADD button, type in "Due to/Due From" as your manager NAME and fill out the rest of the form as seen below. Make sure to click the DUE TO - DUE FROM checkbox. Click SAVE.
2. Click on the MANAGER DATA ENTRY tab.
3. Choose the DTDF Investment Manager.
4. The prior period had a $0 beginning DTDF balance; the net cash flow and ending market value need to be increased to represent the money that needs to transfer to the investment manager.
5. Click SAVE VALUES. Your reconciliation should show a difference of 0.00.
6. Go back to INVESTMENT ACTIVITY and select your investment pool, enter your investment manager data for all other managers and reconcile each.
7. Once your other manager investment data is entered and reconciled to 0.00, you can post the period. Click on the POST tab. The fields will auto populate with information attributed to the individual managers. RECONCILE your entries.
8. To see activity by manager, click on REPORTS > MANAGER LEVEL REPORTS > MANAGER RECONCILIATION REPORT.
10. If everything is allocated as it should be, it is time to post the period. Got to ACTIVITY > INVESTMENT ACTIVITY and choose your INVESTMENT POOL.
11. Click CLOSE PERIOD.
12. When your period is successfully posted, the message below will appear.
Once successfully posted, the process is complete for this period. The next set of screens are moving forward to the following posting period to show additional DTDF transactions.
13. In the August posting period, we are going to create a spending distribution. Go to ACTIVITY > DISTRIBUTE.
14. In the USE FUND VALUES AS OF field, choose the period you just posted. Click CREATE DISTRIBUTIONS, then click OK on the pop up to confirm.
17. In this example, a $25,000 gift of stock was received and imported as a transaction into one of the managers. The investment statements do not yet reflect this gift, so this gift will need to be added to the DTDF.
18. This worksheet illustrates how the DTDF should be impacted by this $25,000 gift and other August distributions. The Cash Flow shown below will need to be entered as the August DTDF NET CASH FLOW amount.
19. Go back to INVESTMENT ACTIVITY and click on the MANAGER DATA ENTRY tab. Choose the DTDF investment manager, enter the Net Cash Flow for August in the NET CASH FLOW field.
20. Enter the ENDING MARKET VALUE from the worksheet (August DTDF less $50,000 gift from July). SAVE VALUES.
21. The difference should be 0.00.
22. Enter other manager data and RECONCILE.
23. The pool should show a difference of 0.00.
24. To see activity by manager, click on REPORTS > MANAGER LEVEL REPORTS > MANAGER RECONCILIATION REPORT.
25. As you can see on the report above, a transfer of $100,000 between managers is also reflected on the report. It does not impact the cash flow.
26. The illustration below will show an adjustment made to the DTDF in the following period, September. The entire balance of the DTDF is transferred from the CASH CLEARING investment manager.
27. The reconciliation now shows that the CASH CLEARING manager has paid out the balance of the DTDF.
28. Now, the DTDF manager needs to be adjusted to show that the money has been paid by another manager. Select the DTDF INVESTMENT MANAGER and enter the appropriate amount in the NET CASH FLOW field (opposite sign as the manager that paid the money).
29. Reconciliation should show 0.00.